5 Ailments Often Caused by Food Sensitivity
March 30, 2015
Food sensitivities are often behind ailments and illnesses that seem unconnected. Someone who has been plagued by infections or other health problems may unknowingly be eating foods that are triggering their conditions. Unfortunately, food sensitivity is often overlooked in traditional Western medicine, leaving patients to continuously treat the symptoms instead of the problem. Here are five common ailments that can be caused or aggravated by food sensitivities:
- Ear infections. There is a definite link between chronic ear infections and food sensitivities or allergies. Children are especially prone to ear infections, which led to a study that showed that over 50% of children with certain ear infections also had a food allergy.
- Skin problems. Skin conditions such as eczema or psoriasis can be caused or aggravated by food sensitivity. In two different studies, over 97% of patients with skin conditions had improvement of symptoms when certain foods were removed from their diet.
- Obesity. In some cases, it is not the calories in food making a person obese; it may be the type of food they are eating. Those with food sensitivities or allergies can become insulin resistant, leading to weight gain and other problems.
- Digestive disorders. Irritable bowel syndrome, Crohn’s and celiac disease are some of the digestive disorders that are affected by food sensitivities. Certain foods act as triggers to worsen symptoms.
- Fatigue. When a person has a food sensitivity or intolerance, food may not be digest properly, causing inflammation in the body. This inflammation and digestive problem can result in chronic fatigue.
For those who suffer from any of these ailments and have not been able to find relief, food sensitivity may be at the root of the problem. Consulting a Naturopathic physician who specializes in food sensitivity testing and treatment is the best way to find out whether the ailments and certain foods are related.
Posted on behalf of:
Wholistic Medicine Specialists of Atlanta
1055 Powers Place
Alpharetta, GA 30009