Whether you are working long hours on a project for work or have too much on your plate at home, stress can begin to take a negative toll on your health. Not only are there emotional symptoms such as anxiety and feeling overwhelmed, your body can reflect the stress you feel through a variety of symptoms. Understanding these signs can alert you to the need for help managing your stress before it effects your health. Here are seven physical signs of stress that may be affecting your wellness:
- Fatigue. If you are constantly tired or lacking energy, stress can be the instigator.
- Do you have trouble quieting your mind to relax and get the sleep you need?
- Digestive issues. Stomach aches, constipation, diarrhea and other digestive issues can stem from stress.
- Headaches. Stress is one of the leading causes of frequent headaches.
- Chest pain. Your cardiovascular system can be affected by stress, causing chest pains, rapid heartbeat and other symptoms.
- Frequent illness. Do you get colds, flus and infections on a constant basis? Stress could be affecting your immune system.
- Jaw pain. Many people with stress clench their jaw or grind their teeth. This can lead to TMJ/TMD, causing jaw pain, headaches, tooth erosion and other problems.
If you have been experiencing any of these symptoms, stress may be making you sick. Seek the help of a medical professional such as a naturopathic doctor that can help you get to the root of the problem and relieve the symptoms of physical stress on your body. Overall wellness starts with finding the source of your symptoms, not just treating each one as individual problems.
Posted on behalf of:
Wholistic Medicine Specialists of Atlanta
1055 Powers Place
Alpharetta, GA 30009
The information provided on this website, including text, graphics, images, and other materials, is intended solely for informational purposes and should not be used as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.