One of the most popular cosmetic surgeries performed is still the nose job or rhinoplasty. There are many reasons a person may consider changing the shape of their nose. Since the nose is the center of the face, altering the size or shape can have a dramatic effect on the person’s appearance. Rhinoplasty is also used to correct medical issues involving the nasal passages and sinuses, as well as repair damage from injuries. Here are a few facts about this common procedure.
- Each year about a quarter of million people in the U.S. have rhinoplasty for cosmetic reasons. In recent years rhinoplasty has ranked second in major cosmetic surgeries behind breast surgeries, both for men and women.
- Most rhinoplasty surgeries takes about 1-2 hours, with up to two weeks in down time. Recovery is expected in two-four weeks.
- In 2014 the average cost of rhinoplasty in the U.S. was just under $5,000. However, that amount could be more or less depending on the exact procedure performed.
- Rhinoplasty can last a lifetime when performed correctly. However, ever year thousands of people undergo rhinoplasty revision. It is important to choose a plastic surgeon that specializes in facial cosmetic surgery and is experienced in performing rhinoplasty for the best results.
- Rhinoplasty often can correct both cosmetic and medical issues during one procedure. Those who have difficulty breathing through their nose can often have the nasal passage widened as part of the procedure.
Although rhinoplasty is a commonly performed cosmetic surgery, it is not one to consider lightly. You will want a highly skilled facial cosmetic surgeon to perform this procedure to ensure you get the results you desire.
Posted on behalf of
Kalos Facial Plastic Surgery LLC
5670 Peachtree Dunwoody Road Northeast #910
Atlanta, GA 30342
The information provided on this website, including text, graphics, images, and other materials, is intended solely for informational purposes and should not be used as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.