Many people are skeptical about undergoing surgery to improve their face. While there are plenty of success stories of how plastic surgery can be used to enhance a person’s appearance, it is not always the right choice for everyone. Another option is temporary solutions like dermal fillers that can offer similar benefits of many types of cosmetic surgeries without the long term commitment. Here are six ways dermal fillers can be used to improve your face.
- Fuller lips. Dermal fillers can be used to plump lips that are thin. Since lips lose fullness as you age, this can restore a more youthful looking mouth.
- Wrinkles. One of the top reasons people seek the help of dermal fillers is wrinkle reduction. These injections can plump the skin, reducing the appearance of wrinkles.
- Under-eye bags or dark circles. Fillers injected into the top of the cheek can help reduce the appearance of dark circles or under-eye bags.
- Acne scars. Pitted skin from acne scars can be smoothed with the use of dermal fillers.
- Cheek augmentation. Fat loss under the skin as you age can make you look older, especially in the upper cheek. Dermal fillers can augment the cheeks, making you look younger.
- Scar reduction. Often dermal fillers can be used to reduce the appearance of scars by plumping the area where skin was lost from scarring.
Dermal fillers are an inexpensive and quick solution to many aesthetic facial issues, making them a very popular option. Although they do need to be repeated to continue receiving the benefits, most require little or no downtime to receive treatment. Consult your local cosmetic surgery clinic to learn more about dermal fillers.
Posted on behalf of:
Hunter Moyer, MD
1400 Northside Forsyth Dr. #390
Cumming, GA 30041