5 Ways to Achieve Healthier Skin in the New Year
Everyone has goals they want to achieve when the New Year rolls around. One common goal is to look good and be healthy. What better way to achieve this goal than to take care of your skin? While many people focus on their bodies when making New Year’s resolutions, why not start with the area people see most – your skin! Here are five ways to have healthier, beautiful skin this year.
- Moist skin is happy skin. Stripping your skin with harsh soaps or hot water can dry out your skin. Moisture helps protect your skin and makes it look younger and healthier. Avoid products that have alcohol or other drying agents and use a moisturizer to protect your skin.
- Drink and eat healthy. Here is another reason besides weight loss to add eating healthy and drinking plenty of water to your New Year’s list; it is also great for your skin!
- Exercise. Getting out and sweating is good for your body, heart and skin. Sweating flushes out toxins and the increased circulation makes your skin glow!
- Always use sunscreen. If you will be outside for any length of time, use sunscreen. Even on cloudy days. Sunscreen and protective clothing are your best defense against skin cancer.
- Meet with your dermatologist. Like any organ, you should maintain your skin health with regular exams. Meet with your dermatologist for a skin checkup to start the year.
Make your skin look its best and keep it healthy in the year to come. It is a worthwhile resolution that can protect your health and make a positive first impression on everyone you see this year.
Posted on behalf of:
Olansky Dermatology Associates
Peachtree Lenox Building
3379 Peachtree Road #500
Atlanta, GA 30326
The information provided on this website, including text, graphics, images, and other materials, is intended solely for informational purposes and should not be used as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.