If you are a women, having an OBGYN that you can trust should be an important part of your wellness plan. From adolescence through menopause, there are many time through a woman’s life that you need the expert care of an experienced OBGYN. While you may think the only time you need a OBGYN is when you are pregnant or are having a gynecological health problem, there are many services that are offered through these specialist. Here are a few common concerns that are treated under an OBGYN’s care:
- Contraception. Birth control is a very private and personalized decision for a woman, which is why having an OBGYN that you can trust is important. Your OBGYN can help you choose the right contraception for your lifestyle and future pregnancy plans.
- STDs. If you are sexually active, it is imperative to be have annual pap smears and examinations to watch for possible STDs and other female health problems
- Infertility. If you are struggling conceiving, your OBGYN can offer infertility options and treatments to help you on your journey to becoming a mother.
- Pregnancy. Every mother-to-be needs an OBGYN that she can trust for a healthy pregnancy. It is even more important for high-risk pregnancies.
- Cancer screening. Your OBGYN is there to screen for cervical cancer and give you mammogram referrals.
- Menopause. When your body begins to change with the onset of menopause, your OBGYN can offer options to reduce the impact of the hormonal changes.
In addition, OBGYNs also treat many other women’s health issues, like urinary incontinence and premenstrual disorders. Having a woman’s health specialist on your side throughout your life can help you achieve the highest level of wellness when it comes to your health.
Posted on behalf of
North Point OB/GYN Associates
1505 Northside Boulevard #3500
Cumming, GA 30041
The information provided on this website, including text, graphics, images, and other materials, is intended solely for informational purposes and should not be used as a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment.