If you have ever considered a facelift but are nervous about the results, perhaps you should try a liquid facelift. A liquid facelift uses injectables and dermal fillers such as Botox, Radiesse and Juviderm to contour the face often achieving similar results to that of a surgical facelift. There are pros and cons to consider when deciding which road to take.
Benefits of a Liquid Facelift
- Cost. Liquid Facelifts are much less expensive than a surgical procedure.
- Immediate Results- There is no recovery time needed. Most procedures are done in an office setting.
- Try it Out. Liquid facelifts can allow you to see what the effects of a surgical facelift will look like ahead of time to help you decide on a more permanent solution.
- Break it Up. You can break up your treatments over time to get the desired result you are hoping for.
Drawbacks of a Liquid Facelift
- Not Permanent. Results of injectables are temporary and would need to be repeated to achieve results.
- Can be Overdone. Just like with a surgical facelift, you can go too far with injectables giving an unnatural appearance.
- Does Not Remove Excess Skin. Injectables can smooth wrinkles and give a fuller appearance, but it does not remove sagging skin.
Whether you choose to try a liquid facelift or a surgical one, be sure to do your research to find a professional plastic surgeon to give you the look you want. There is an art to both procedures that require an experienced hand to get the best results.
Posted on behalf of:
Kami Parsa, M.D.
465 N Roxbury Dr. Suite 1011
Beverly Hills, CA 90210