For men in their midlife, low testosterone or “low T” can affect their health and wellbeing. Hormonal changes can make a difference in how you feel and impact many other aspects of your life. If you are a man in your 40’s, 50’s or beyond, you could experience changes in your testosterone levels. Here are seven signs of low testosterone that could indicate you have a hormonal imbalance.
- Lower sex drive. For many men, this can be a disturbing change. Losing that drive can feel abnormal but it may just be due to lower levels of testosterone in your system.
- Weight gain. When testosterone wanes, body fat can increase. Some men may notice fat accumulating in the chest/breast area as well as abdomen.
- Mood changes. Hormonal imbalance can spur depression, irritability and lack of mental clarity.
- Muscle loss. Men with lowered testosterone may notice a loss of muscle mass, which can also impact metabolism.
- Lower energy levels. If you feel tired and fatigued more often, this can be due to lowered testosterone.
- Erection difficulties. Some men have trouble getting or maintaining an erection. There can also less semen in ejaculations when testosterone is low.
- Bone loss. Some men experience bone loss or osteoporosis when testosterone levels drop.
Two out of ten men over sixty experience low testosterone but it can occur at younger ages. Hormones play a large part how you feel and your overall health. If you have been experiencing symptoms of low testosterone and other health issues, you may want to consider starting a wholistic wellness plan. Visit a ND that offers hormonal testing and treatment as part of an overall wellness plan to feel your best at any age.
Posted on behalf of:
Wholistic Medicine Specialists of Atlanta
1055 Powers Place
Alpharetta, GA 30009