Appearance matters. As much as many people want to pretend that it is only what is on the inside that counts, how a person looks affects how others perceive them as well as how they feel about themselves. Plastic surgery can be an option to alter appearance, especially for the face. In 2017, the American Society of Plastic Surgeons reported over 1.7 million plastic surgeries performed in the U.S. Here are the top five facial plastic surgeries that men and women used to look their best in 2017.
- Nose reshaping (rhinoplasty). The nose is the central feature of the face. Reshaping of the nose can help create a balanced facial appearance. There were 218,924 rhinoplasties performed, the number one facial plastic surgery in the U.S.
- Eyelid surgery (blepharoplasty). The eyes are a key feature and the one of the most common spots for plastic surgery. In 2017, 209,571 blepharoplasties were performed in the U.S. to improve the shape or youthfulness of the eyes.
- Facelift. Fighting the effects of aging is best accomplished with a facelift. Looking youthful is important for self-confidence, which is why 125,697 facelifts were performed in 2017.
- Dermabrasion. Skin imperfections can affect the attractiveness of the face. Dermabrasion was used to fade scars and blemishes, as well as improve the beauty of the skin in 84,276 procedures in 2017.
- Neck lift. The skin, tissue and muscles on the neck can show age quickly. Neck lifts can rejuvenate the neck and fix a “turkey waddle.” This procedure was performed 53,028 times in 2017.
Plastic surgery is becoming more common for both genders, especially for facial transformations. If you want to explore cosmetic options to look your best, consult an experienced facial plastic surgeon.
Posted on behalf of:
New York Eye and Ear Infirmary of Mount Sinai
310 East 14th Street
6th Floor, North Bldg
New York, NY 10003
Phone: (212) 381-6110